Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Beauty: Matte...changing it up for the first time!

I'm a huge fan of glossy and shiny looking nails...I mean, who isn't a fan of that?

A few years ago, I got the Essie Matte About You Top Coat as a gift for my birthday. In all honesty, I didn't really get into the whole matte phase that happened at that time and never used the top coat myself. 

I painted my nails with SpaRitual Emerald City and it looked so good. It was a bright turquoise colour that was perfect for the summer. 
All that chipping and indents! I'm so disappointed in the matte top coat...

Then, everything just changed...once I decided to use the matte top coat, I was pretty disappointed in my choice. It actually looks fine and my friends really liked the effect - but, it wasn't for me. The matte top coat toned down the colour drastically and it also made it prone to chipping. Already, I feel like I have to re-do my nails...and it has only been 2 days since I did them.

I'll definitely re-paint them again soon with Emerald City for all of you to see the true colour.

Until then...this is what I have for all of you!

-Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment