Sunday, January 5, 2014

Beauty: Revamping my stash with Bobbi Brown

Back in the day...

I loved trying new products as I tried to figure out what I liked. As the young self-conscious Susan, I did have a phase where I had my morning routine before I go on with the rest of my day. 

But, those days are now gone - I've come to accept the no-makeup approach everyday. This certainly backfired on me as I stared at my makeup stash in disgust the other day. There were just so many products that I only touched once and products that I haven't looked at again for probably a year or even years. And..at this point, the makeup is definitely not going to be touched.

Came to the conclusion that I really need to reduced the size of my stash for someone who doesn't e"ven use it on a consistent basis. Ended up clearing out a good handful of products (especially my beloved NARS Sheer Glow foundation that went bad...in other words, "gloopy" and thick). And of course, I found that I should just revamp my stash with products that I'll only use when I do use makeup.

To begin this process of finding my makeup-go-tos, I really wanted to try Bobbi Brown's products. I heard quite a lot of rave about this makeup line and Bobbi, herself, is a very strong women character in this industry. A women who supports a girl's natural beauty and always reminds females that they are beautiful without makeup. While, makeup is just used to express yourself. This is exactly what I believe in, so I really geared myself towards the Bobbi Brown booth at the department store. 




The hardest thing about foundation is finding your shade. It was actually really confusing when I went to the Bobbi Brown booth the first time and was actually matched to 4.5 (Warm Natural). When I went back 2 weeks later, they matched me to 4 and after a long while of deciding, I settled with 4. It is the winter and I'll probably lighten up from the summer tan that I got. But, the best part of this foundation is the flexibility and convenience. Similar to many, the idea of stick foundation usually ends up being very cake and thick. But, this is different - you can apply it lightly and it blends into your skin flawlessly or you can layer it for a full coverage and it will not cake up. This seriously is heaven in a stick.



I really don't have anything special to say about this powder other than it's sheer enough to use on most skin types. No colour payoff, it's just for the purpose of setting your foundation to last longer than it would have without it. 



A great combination - you moisturize under your eye with your favourite eye cream , apply the corrector with a concealer brush focusing on the inner corners of your eye, and you overlap it with some concealer to blend into your skin tone. It is recommended that you use the sheer powder to set it as well. 

Excited that I've got some new set products for my face base. Even if I won't be using it often, it's nice to know that I have limit to a smaller make-up stash. Plus, it'll make my decision a lot easier to decide what to use.

I hope you all enjoy this new makeup haul.

<3

Susan

2 comments:

  1. ooh this makes me want to go out and buy some bobbi brown haha (: xxx

    ( www.a-little-treat.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! The packaging is just so sleek looking!

      Susan

      Delete