Sunday, March 16, 2014

Beauty: Products I Regret Buying #1



I used to be a compulsive buyer and this led to some massive product hauls that I ended up hating...so, when I looked through my sheleves this weekend, this is what I found!



HAIR

LUSH No Drought Dry Shampoo - This product is basically baby powder with a citrus scent for 10x the price. With my thick Asian hair, the dry shampoo doesn't seem to want to blend and makes my hair looking super ashy after using. It is extremely messy too. It was quite sad that they only had the big size when I got it two years ago, but I have seen that they made a mini bottle of this stuff. Still not something I'll repurchase - I guess having thick hair is a good thing for oiliness sometimes. 

Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel - My best friend swore by this product for giving her the beachy-looking waves. Nope. This spray does nothing for me. As much as I scrunch, put my hair in a bun, etc. It just won't do the job that it advertises to do. The scent is a nice one, but the gel leaves my hair feeling gross, sticky, and dry afterwards. Unless I'm using it wrong, this product does nothing for me. 



SKINCARE

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (Grapefruit) - I must admit, the scent is what really gets me about this product; it just smells so fresh and juicy. But, this product is ABRASIVE. When I had my crazy acne breakout this summer, I went to my drugstore and got recommended this product by another customer in the drugstore in the same aisle as me. It's super drying (completely not ideal for a dry skin and dehydrated person) and started irritating my skin. Red blotches and dry patches after two uses is not a good sign. Never will I repurchase this product or any similar product again! 

Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Refining Toner - Kiehl's is the one brand that I absolutely hate. The only products that I found to like is their eye creams. But, anything else feels waxy or is too abrasive/strong for my skin. I walked into Kiehl's two years ago to get introduced to the company. The lady looked at my huge, clogged, enlarged nose pores and suggested that this product is perfect to help control that. It made my nose drier than ever and made the pores worse than I have ever seen before. Missed the 30-day return time frame and even my mother refuse to use it on her skin. It smells like alcohol too, another big no for dry skin. 

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser - A cream-gel like cleanser that has a waxy consistency to it. Foams a lot, but doesn't seem to do a good job at cleaning my skin. I tried combining this with my old clarisonic and the product seems to just sit on top of your skin doing nothing. It was truly a disappointing cleanser. 

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream - I used to like this product...until I realized it was a thick waxy consistency (do you see the same theme that's happening with all the Kiehl's products I mentioned here...) that clogged my pores. It felt like my skin couldn't breath and comparing it to my other lotions and potions, this is definitely one of the worse "high-end" facial cream I tried. 



MAKEUP

Benefit Scene Queen Palette/Set - I love Benefit, but this overpriced palette was definitely not worth the splurge. It has four eyeshadows that are very shimmery and very chalky; not a very blendable eyeshadow. The eyeliner that came with the set was very hard to apply, not creamy at all. It also came with a blush, brushes, and a very shimmery lip-gloss. A palette that is just sitting in my drawers. It's too bulky to travel with it anyways. I actually really wished I liked this palette since Benefit has really nice products.

Mac Concealors - Very cakey, both the pot and tube. Hard to blend into skin, especially if you tend not to wear heavy foundation along with this. Very heavy-duty, so when it comes to removing, it's not fun. I'm pretty sure it's water-resistant as well. 

balmShell Tinted Moisturizer - One word to describe this: ORANGE. 


This my first products I regret buying post! All these purchases were made 2-3 years ago and if you follow my blog, you know I'm your everyday plain jane now. Makeup is rare and I go for a more natural skincare approach. So, these products are heading to the trash. 

What are some of your products that you regret buying? Share in the comments below - I'll love to hear your thoughts!

<3

Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment