Sunday, November 17, 2013

Beauty: Fall Skincare Routine

I FINALLY have the lowdown of my skincare regime. Bumpy, literally, months for my face and tons of problems, but it's slowly calming down. I am still breaking out due to other factors, but my skin is DRY-SKIN no more...I hope. 

Costed me an arm and a leg, plus tons of research, time, help, and trials - I am finally happy with what I am doing now. 

A majority of the help goes to the awesome aestheticians at Pure + Simple Spa - who are loaded with information and guidance! I have completely hopped on the boat for natural skincare...and it feels AMAZING to know that I'm doing some good to myself daily. 

So, sit down and read on...this will be a long one!


I absolutely LOVED the cleansing gel, but they stopped selling it at Sephora. So, pretty much, when I ran out...I got desperate and settled with the Foaming Cleanser. But, lucky me, I went into a boutique and they were selling REN products - I was able to be reunited with the cleansing gel! Since I got both, I'm using both - they are made with more or less the same ingredients, so it won't make my skin react to it dramatically as I hop around the two. I leave the foaming cleanser at my boyfriend's house, so I don't have to carry around my huge face ritual every time I spend the weekend there.

I tend to apply the face wash around my dry face first and then slowly incorporate a little water before I wash it completely off. 


You may have read an old post from me about toners. I only incorporated a toner into my skincare routine less than a year ago and now, I love it! This toner is great, because it's all natural (of course!) and it does not contain any alcohol which would dry out my skin. The smell will be a hit and miss for everyone, but I love the smell of this...I must say, it's a really relaxing type of smell or something. I use 2-3 pumps each time, rub it all over my hand, and then I press it in around my face. 


This have recently been incorporated into my skincare routine the last month. But, I really see a difference in hydration with my skin from using this. One pump is more than enough for my skin and it helps reduce the tightness feel that I used to have with my dry skin.  

Martina Gebhardt Black Mud Facial Lotion ($54.95 CDN) + Jojoba Oil 

My skin is dehydrated with few breakouts happening here and there - but, when I breakout, they are huge ones. This lotion is perfect in balancing you out - it gives you an adequate amount of hydration, while helping to clear out the acne. This was the perfect moisturizer that I needed over the summer, but when fall started to settle in, I needed more hydration. Adding a drop of jojoba oil and one pump of this lotion together is a miracle worker on my skin. It makes my skin super soft and I couldn't ask for anything better than this. 


I'm still on the hunt for a new eye cream. Lately, from PMS-ing and stress, my under eye area have been extremely puffy and dark. This eye cream doesn't take it away, but it does help in brightening up the area just a tad bit. Since you don't need a lot, I can see this tiny tub lasting me quite sometime. I only use this in the morning. 

So, with tons of research for a hydrating eye cream for the night - I have my eyes on the Origins EyeDoctor, Just Pure Hydrating Eye Cream, or Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

So, this is it! I really have a love for skincare and believe makeup won't do anything if you don't have a proper base for it. Absolutely believe it is worth investing in a good and natural skincare routine - people do tend to forget that your skin is the largest organ and what you put on it gets absorbed into your body. 

Very happy with this routine and as much as I hope I don't have to change routines again, new products have come in and out as I have a serious addiction of trying new things.

I hope y'all all enjoy this lengthy post!

-Susan

P.S. Tell me what your skincare routine is! Share in the comments below or e-mail them to me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm having the same feelings about the GinZing Eye Cream. it's the kind of eye cream I think should be layered with something more hydrating.. The tub I'm just getting to the end of now has lasted me for just over a year now too which is crazy, but I like to use up my products, so it'll soon be on it's way to make room for something richer! x

    morerebe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll be repurchasing GinZing Eye Cream again - I don't find it does much to my eyes after using it for a few weeks.

      I recently got the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye and it's definitely one of the richer eye creams out there!

      Delete